Fleet Support Specialist (Part-Time)
Job no: 494566
Work type: Part Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Fleet and Postal Operations, the Fleet Support Specialist assists with fleet operations duties consisting of coordinating vehicle readiness and modifications required by users, access to vehicles by users, coordinating contracted repairs, and other duties as required. Tasks should be able to be performed with minimal supervision. May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as business needs dictate.
FLEET OPERATIONS DUTIES
- Move vehicles around campus to required destination based upon business needs
- Coordinate vehicle readiness based on reservation reports or as instructed
- Coordinate pick-up and drop-off for vehicles requiring off-campus maintenance and repairs
- Cleaning and visual / basic inspection of vehicles
- At times will need to change mobile seat configurations in large passenger vans depending upon business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of transportation or fleet experience
- Basic computer skills required for email and running reports. Basic knowledge of Window Operating System,Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand reservation reports and utilize reports for daily business needs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Ability to operate vehicles ranging in size from a sedan to a 15 passenger van as well as a manual transmission vehicle.
- High level of productivity; work pace is frequently fast-paced
- Ability to utilize computers to maintain records and research repair manuals for equipment.
- Ability to work with diverse crew, faculty and staff.
- Builds successful working relationships with coworkers and supervisors. Projects a positive image of Fleet Management and of Swarthmore College.
- Communicates readily and works effectively as a member of a team.
- Works successfully with coworkers in order to efficiently and effectively accomplish the workload of the department.
- Adapts to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to be successful in a constantly changing work environment.
- Exhibits maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job stresses and challenges.
- Understands and abides by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Works successfully with a diverse department and upholds the College’s commitment to equal opportunity.
- Occasionally works authorized overtime and weekends as business needs require in order to complete projects, meet heavy demand, or respond to emergencies.
- Needs to be available for emergencies at times outside the normal work day and on weekends, as required.
- Ability to work under harsh weather conditions.
- Ability to work occasional scheduled weekends. Emergency work may require time outside of the normal workday.
- Physical dexterity to perform the job and ability to work outside year-round are necessary. Ability to frequently lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform kneeling, bending, squatting motions for extended times.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend