Job no: 494397
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Grill Cook must possess exceptional customer service skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Grill Cook is able to work independently and as part of a team. The incumbent is able to multitask and prioritize tasks. The Grill Cook is expected to prepare grilled food according to the instructions, specifications and recipes provided to them and as customer requests. Prepare and provide food in a safe and timely manner. The Grill Cook is required to have knowledge of cooking temperatures and knowledge of operating grill equipment and must keep the work area clean and sanitized at all times.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast- paced environment and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and provide a consistent product that meets the high quality standard of the college.
- Greet customers and make orders according to customer requests and specifications. This includes eggs to order, omelets, pancakes, specialty sandwiches and several other offerings.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly service to a diverse clientele by setting up all items that need to be grilled or cooked lay out, cut, cube, and slice according to specified requirements.
- Make sure food items are appropriately thawed prior to using and manage inventory of food supplies and manage portions of grilled/ fried food items.
- Must be aware of and make all daily specials and understand all menu items and prepare these items according to recipes and item specifications.
- Must be able to use the grill and fryer to its full capacity and be able to cook and manage many orders at the same time while maintaining consistency and quality.
- Prep food item for menu, catering and cash operations as directed by Sous Chef or Lead shift cook.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work area in accordance with the operations cleanliness standards. Assists in cleaning all areas of the operation including light pot washing and using the dish machine.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to stand on hard surface floor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25-30 pounds.
- Two years of experience as a Grill Cook in a restaurant, deli, fast food establishment and or institutional food service setting.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend