Job no: 494342
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Swarthmore College has an immediate opening for the position of a Receiver. As a member of the Dining Services team, the Receiver has responsibility and oversight for receiving of products and distribution to appropriate locations on campus.
- Check in and receive products in a timely manner.
- Make certain that the products delivered are in excellent condition and are within the appropriate sell by date, and return items that do not fit this criteria.
- Maintain good working relations with delivery personnel.
- Rotate products and distribute all products to correct storage areas.
- Place all products on designated shelves.
- Set aside all products designated for the coffee bars and identify the destination on the outside of boxes with a marker.
- Determine which products will be distributed directly to the sales floor.
- Break cases and distribute to locations as needed.
- Sweep, mop and clean all storage areas.
- Keep all storage rooms, shelves, closets, and refrigeration/freezer units highly organized with labels of products front facing.
- Stock and restock all shelves in retail outlets, including refrigerated and frozen food merchandisers.
- Assist with inventory recording.
- Deliver products to coffee bars.
- Provide efficient, professional and friendly service to our customers.
Work as grill person or sandwich maker during peak hours of operations.
- Assist in cleaning all areas of the operation.
- Pot washing, loading and unloading dishwasher as needed.
- Receiving dry, refrigerated & frozen products from our vendors.
- Stocking shelves to maintain an adequate supply of product at all times.
- Check invoices against products received.
- Maintain all storage areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Keep the loading dock area free of debris and organized.
- Report damaged goods or missing goods to the manager or supervisor in a timely manner.
- Understand where products are stored.
- Performs other assignments as directed by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Responsible for coming to work during severe weather.
- Must have one year of experience as a receiver preferably in the food service industry.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid PA drivers license (no moving violations within the last three years).
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 to 75 pounds.
- 2-3 years food receiver experience.
- Serv-safe certification.
- Inventory software experience a plus.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend