Job no: 494297
Work type: Full Time, Part Time
Food Runner/Line Server
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Food Runner/Line Server performs all duties related to customer service including greeting customers, answering questions about menu items, reviewing menu management sheets prior to the meal and answering related customer questions. Serves proper portion size as directed by sous chef or lead cook. Refills, cleans and sanitizes serving lines throughout the meal period.
- Sets the line with appropriate serving utensils for each menu item.
- Arrives to line with and utilizes bar mops for handling and cleaning.
- Monitors quality and freshness of menu items and ensures proper rotation.
- Communicates with cooks when products are removed from hot boxes or holding ovens in order to ensure continuous menu items throughout the meal period.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout the meal period.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes items in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area.
- Follows and complies with established procedures and verbal instructions.
- Has full understanding of menu items and allergens (Menu Information Sheet).
- Replenishes, breaks down, and sanitizes the Free Zone, including dating and rotating products.
- Assists in the production of Grab and Go items.
- Follows closing procedures at the end of the shift.
- Provides outstanding customer service; ensures customer needs are met in a timely fashion. Answers customers’ questions; if unsure of response, inquires to find accurate information.
- Duties may vary according to needs.
- Completes cleaning chores, as assigned, during down times.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of experience in food and service industries.
Able to speak and understand English.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week during the school year (9 months) with the following shift: Sunday 12:00-8:30, Off Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12:00-8:30, Saturday 11:00-7:30. We offer a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job. This is a salary grade non-exempt 02.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend