Job no: 494212
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Facilities intern will have overall responsibility for coordinating and documenting the college’s new residence hall summer maintenance program. The college has approximately 1560 beds in 18 residence halls, 500,000 square feet. There is a robust program of summer residence hall space use for students, alumni and camps. Residence hall maintenance and cleaning must be coordinated to be accomplished effectively by aligning schedules and resources to accomplish the tasks. Work progress must be tracked and adjusted as schedule influences change. This is a new Facilities program so procedures must be documented for use in subsequent years.
• Review schedule of open residence hall times with Events Office and Facilities Service Response
• Coordinate maintenance plan for open residence halls with maintenance supervisors and Environmental Services Supervisors
• Develop maintenance checklists for residence hall rooms, common spaces and restrooms.
• Evaluate progress to insure quality standards and schedule are being met. Work with maintenance and EVS supervisors to work out deficiencies for either.
• Document the program procedures and opportunities for improvement.
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned
o Office of Student Engagement (OSE)
o Alumni Office
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current enrollment in a Facilities Management college program
• Proficiency with common Google and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to learn and use the college’s work order system; Asset Essentials
• Previous maintenance experience
• Previous commercial cleaning experience
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend