Public Gardens Intern
Job no: 495044
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Categories: Staff, Hourly (Non-Exempt)
The Scott Arboretum is situated on the 400-plus acre campus of Swarthmore College and exhibits over 4,000 types of ornamental plants. Established in 1929, the Arboretum has been accredited as a level III arboretum by ArbNet. Volunteers play a key role in activities and assist the full-time staff of about 20 in maintaining the gardens and collections, and conducting educational programming. For more information, visit scottarboretum.org.
The Scott Arboretum Public Horticulture Internship offers a unique opportunity for individuals pursuing a career in public horticulture with a variety of aspects of public horticulture built into the position. The intern will have opportunities to meet and work with a variety of professionals in the Philadelphia region, an area rich in public gardens.
The Public Garden Internship is a one-year, limited term appointment typically starting in May.
- Work activities to include working with gardening staff and volunteers
- Special project development and area garden work
- Participates in summer intern field trips educational programming at the Scott Arboretum
- Travel and professional development support of $6,000 for conferences, travel, and programs based on proposal approvals
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Pursuing education/career in Public Horticulture
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend