Off-Campus Study Abroad Advisor
Job no: 494537
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Off-Campus Study (OCS) Study Abroad Advisor provides advising, program management, and administrative support of the OCS Study Abroad Program, and provides support to other students who travel abroad. The OCS study abroad advisor coordinates the preparation of affiliation agreements, manages social media in support of OCS activities, supports the credit evaluation system, and provides other administrative support to OCS activities.
Program Advising & Management
- Provide advising support to students before, during, and upon return to campus (including pre-departure process, budget preparation, orientation, and reentry programming), utilizing knowledge on specific programs/countries (program details, application process, familiarity with the systems of higher education, culture, and health & safety issues).
- Serves as the primary administrator for assigned programs (international and domestic).
- Organizes publicity and information meetings for assigned programs.
- Conducts program evaluations.
- Assistance with events such as the study abroad fair. Work with student ambassadors.
- Liaison to cultural centers on campus and programming, planning pre-departure and re-entry.
- Develop and deliver orientations and related programming.
- Support to the credit evaluation system and other OCS administrative functions such as budgets and billing.
- Contribute to the development and use of Terra Dotta and the OCS Credit Evaluation System.
- Provides back-up administrative functions for Terra Dotta, the OCS Credit Evaluation System, the OCS Moodle site, and CISI insurance enrollment.
Social Media Management & Outreach
- Content creation and management of OCS social media.
Preparation of Affiliation Agreements
- Preparation and follow-up on affiliation agreements, in coordination with the Office of General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 3 years education abroad advising and administrative experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Experience in education abroad program management and best practices
- Experience living, studying, and/or working abroad
- Experience in social media management and content production
- High level of comfort and expertise in the use of technology in an office and educational setting, including MS Office, Moodle (or similar platforms)
- Ability to work independently; good attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; keen problem-solving skills; excellent interpersonal, intercultural, and customer service skills; commitment to providing services and contributing to a diverse community; strong organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; and the ability to work in a supportive and collaborative fashion, contributing as a team member to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and education abroad partners.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of student development and outcomes assessment
- Familiarity with video and image editing software
For full consideration, submit applications including resume and cover letter with salary expectations by July 31, 2021.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend