IT Systems Analyst/Developer
Job no: 494499
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The IT Systems Analyst/Developer provides expertise regarding the application programs and systems supporting the administrative operations of the college including, but not limited to, Admissions, the Registrar, Finance, the Dean's Office, Housing, Advancement, Accounts Receivable, Financial Aid, Human Resources, Public Safety, the Provost’s office, and Institutional Research. Responsible for the successful resolution of complex and non-routine technical support questions escalated from staff in administrative offices and other ITS staff. Bring awareness of cross-departmental requirements; assess and communicate the impact that decisions made for one department may have on another, or on the College as a whole.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of business practices as they relate to the College’s administrative systems.
- Maintains relationships with constituents, reviews technical requirements, advises on best practices, evaluates needs, identifies and recommends solutions.
- Supports Ellucian’s Banner ERP in addition to third-party administrative applications.
- Supports database architectural structures and custom-developed applications and systems.
- Develops and designs new systems and reports which interface between the database and related systems.
- Provide integration for various third-party systems, for example, the applicant tracking system, benefit administration system, identity management system, one card system, prospect management system, time clock system, student medical record system, etc.
- Represents Administrative Information Systems on committees, providing business process analysis and recommendations.
- Provides on-going operational and technical support of all College administrative information systems.
- Provide documentation and training materials to end-users.
- Serve as a technical liaison between outside vendors and individual departments.
- Serve as a resource to departments and administrators on issues relating to the use of technology and automated business practices.
- Provide technical solutions, investigate alternative methods for problems and issues raised by changes in technology, system methodology, or outside regulation; must adapt existing systems to provide required information for external sources, such as federal, state, and local governments and agencies.
- Research and implement new technologies which improve the productivity and efficiency of College staff
- Anticipate and identify developments in own field, industry, and area of specialty. Monitor trends and developments in your respective area of expertise, especially where those developments may be impacted by advances or changes in technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5-10 years of experience designing and programming large-scale application systems, which may serve in place of degree.
- 3-5 years if experience supporting an enterprise-wide software system, preferably in a programming/analysis role.
- Experience with higher education software applications highly desirable, preferably Ellucian’s Banner.
- Experience with Oracle Application Express (Apex) desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years experience using Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL required
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Mac, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with systems integration
- Experience with document imaging systems (BDM)
- Experience working with reporting solutions
- Experience with an ETL tool
- Experience with GIT repository
- Must be able to interact effectively with departmental liaisons and coordinate activities between several departments working towards a common goal.
- Must think creatively and critically to consider the impact a decision has on a particular department or individual.
- Communicate technical information and procedures to a wide range of personnel with varying levels of technical expertise clearly.
- Maintain confidentiality to highly sensitive data containing information on students, faculty, staff, and the financial status of the College.
- Must be able to work independently and to organize, track, and prioritize workload.
- Be available on a reliable basis to work beyond regular office hours as work demands.
For full consideration, submit applications including resume and cover letter with salary expectations by June 25, 2021.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend