Post Office Assistant I
Job no: 494425
Work type: Part Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Assists with the timely receiving, sorting, logging, and distribution of mail and parcels for the College departments. Tasks performed with minimal supervision include: preparing mail and packages for internal distribution and assisting members of the College community in processing outgoing packages. The position is primarily responsible for the daily distribution by vehicle of mail/packages to departments and operating the customer service window on Saturday.
- Receives, sorts and delivers incoming mail and packages.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle to deliver and pick up mail and packages.
- Assists members of the College community in processing outgoing mail and packages.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Working schedule is Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday- 6 days on then 6 days off. This is the current schedule which can be changed with reasonable notice.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand up to six hours at a time
- Must be able to frequently lift, bend, and carry up to 60lbs across campus and mail room
- Must be able to walk around campus to make deliveries.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required and the ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle.
- Must be able to train and operate specialized mail room equipment, such as postal tracking software, metering system, and point of sale terminal.
- Basic knowledge of Window Operating System, Microsoft Office
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by April 9, 2021 for full consideration.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend