Curriculum Materials Preparer
Job no: 494253
Work type: Temporary Part Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Prepare curricular materials for distribution by formatting, preparing figures and equations, and organizing. This position requires a high level of reliability, accuracy, and quality of work. The work will be presented and available to faculty instructors nationwide on a web server funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
• Prepare introductory physics curriculum materials for use by faculty nationwide to be disseminated on a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded web server.
• Prepare homework assignments, handouts, and lecture slides according to existing templates.
• Prepare figures
• Render equations electronically.
• Provide oral and written feedback to the faculty author of the curriculum materials
• Improve pedagogy by completing incomplete materials, troubleshoot, and resolve inconsistencies between different parts of the curriculum.
• Presentation and content of the curriculum must be acceptable for national dissemination
• Position requires a high level of autonomy
• Position requires a high level of accuracy, quality, and reliability.
Knowledge of Introductory Physics
Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Organization, Project Management, Communication, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Time Management
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend