Associate Director, The Aydelotte Foundation
Job no: 494225
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
*APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS APRIL 27. POSITION CLOSES MAY 29.*
The Aydelotte Foundation is a research institute that studies the past, present and possible futures of liberal education. The Associate Director plays a crucial role in conceptualizing, developing and delivering projects and studies that fulfill that mission. In pursuit of this goal, the Associate Director builds and maintains professional networks within Swarthmore College, and across higher education. They represent the work of the Aydelotte Foundation to journalists, professionals and engaged publics.
The Associate Director works on the development and implementation of existing and new initiatives for the Aydelotte. The Associate Director works across and outside of Swarthmore’s campus to secure support and funding for Aydelotte Foundation initiatives. They develop and build external relationships and partnerships that extend the visibility and influence of the Aydelotte.
- (15%) Active partner in work of developing and managing the Aydelotte Foundation. Works with Director, Advisory Board and Faculty Advisory Committee to implement and refine the mission, vision and values of the Foundation.
- (20%) Drives the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and sustains the capacity of the Foundation to implement its projects and initiatives. Supervises all administrative work, including agenda development, budget management, and website maintenance.
- (30%) Works on the design and execution of new initiatives and the refinement and operation of existing initiatives.
- (10%) Collaborates with the Development Office and other on-campus offices in developing new financial and administrative resources to sustain and extend Aydelotte projects.
- (15%) Develops and builds external relationships and partnerships with an aim towards raising visibility and sharing resources and learning.
- (10%) Reads widely to keep abreast of developments in the liberal arts; attends conferences to keep abreast of the field.
Performs other assignments as directed by the Aydelotte Foundation Director(s).
Supervises administrative assistant
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution
- 5-10 years of experience involving research or PhD in a relevant field OR combination of advanced degree and relevant experience
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend