Temporary On-Call Production Technician (Recruitment Only)
Job no: 493814
Work type: Temporary Part Time
TEMPORARY ON-CALL PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN OPENINGS
Swarthmore College, a highly selective liberal arts college, is located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. The Lang Performing Arts Center (LPAC) integrates the arts into Swarthmore’s curriculum. The space houses many facilities which cater to the needs of the college’s artistic spectrum. The LPAC is versatile in its function: rehearsals, gallery installations, readings, film screenings, classes and performances are all simultaneously hosted within the building, making it a gravitational hub of campus activity. Under supervision, the On-Call Production Technician performs tasks for a variety of programs and events. This person may assist in the load-in, running, and production for performances in the LPAC. Duties include:
A specific discipline in the production to produce a positive, professional, memorable and meaningful experience for participants.
- Assist the Manager of Operations and Production Staff with construction of scenery, lighting, sound, projection, props, special effects, or other associated equipment tasks.
- Assist with stage maintenance and equipment.
- Set up and break down equipment including loading and unloading.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and experience in production of performing arts programs with a concentration on one or more specific disciplines: lighting, sound, rigging, run crew, etc.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to move up to 25lbs.
Openings are temporary part-time on-call positions that offer competitive pay. For more detailed information on position requirements and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu
Swarthmore encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend