Administrative Assistant II (English Literature, the Creative Writing Program, and Medieval Studies)
Job no: 494155
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Administrative Assistant II assists with preparation and monitoring of operating budgets; prepares confidential correspondence and documents; monitors student progress and enrollment; collaborates with Registrar on course scheduling; monitors/maintains print and digital course information; maintains/manages department web site content; monitors/manages equipment, supply, and facility needs; hires, trains, and supervises student workers; assists with event communication and planning; provides special project support as-needed.
- Academic support
- Administrative support
- Event support
- Constituent Interaction
- Equipment, Supply, and Facilities Coordination
Supervise student workers on a variety of tasks including poster creation, events organizing, communications and social media.
- High school diploma required; BA/BS preferred; 3 to 5 years office experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Must be an independent self-starter with strong organization skills and excellent written and oral communication. Must be capable of making decisions independently and as a member of a team. Performs tasks with a high level of autonomy.
- Must be capable of professional interactions with all college constituents and visitors.
- Must be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet programs, and applications used in educational settings such as Drupal, Google Apps for Education, Moodle, Acalog.
- Must be capable of using standard bookkeeping methods for budget monitoring.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, copier, printer, fax.
- Demonstrates an interest in technology and soft skills development by attending campus-sponsored workshops and training.
- Must be able to speak professionally and in a welcoming manner on the telephone.
- Must be able to work successfully with diverse others and uphold the College’s commitment to equal employment opportunity to help the College realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend