Hardware Repair Technician
Job no: 493925
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
*Pay Grade Non-Exempt 6.
- Responsible for daily operation of repair facility, providing both preventative maintenance and repair.
- Accountable for keeping approximately 2,500 computers and printers functioning and available to the users.
- Perform installations, upgrades, diagnostics and troubleshooting of hardware problems and perform repairs to computer hardware.
- Maintain and update the Apple Computer Service Technical Procedure Repair Manual Library, Apple Service Parts Price Lists, and Apple Global Service Exchange database.
- Provide technical support for complex and routine computing problems to college community on computer hardware and software.
- Perform timely and accurate ordering and return of defective parts to Apple Computer, Inc. and Dell to ensure warranty reimbursement.
- Perform routine maintenance on computer hardware and peripherals for college owned equipment.
- Maintain an accurate database recording repair information for all hardware repairs performed.
- Document all work in ticketing system.
Must be a Certified Technician on supported computer vendor hardware platforms, examples must be a Certified Apple Technician and certified by Dell for Warranty Parts Direct program in order to repair Apple and Dell computers and receive warranty reimbursement.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend