Environmental Services - Dining Hall Technician
Job no: 493836
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES - DINING HALL TECHNICIAN
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The EVS Dining Hall Technician will provide services to ensure a clean and environmentally healthy campus with a focus on the Dining Hall. Tasks performed include: daily trash removal, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, partitions and fixtures, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, powerwashing floor mats, detail cleaning, damp wiping, high/low dusting, sweeping, mopping and detailing stairwells, cleaning floor drains, cleaning of walls and maintaining supplies. Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensures all areas of responsibility are kept neat, clean and orderly.
- Removes trash daily.
- Vacuums, scrubs floors and powerwashes floor mats.
- Cleans and disinfects all surfaces, replenishes supplies as needed, maintains equipment, cleaning of carts and janitor closets daily.
- Reports all repairs and safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Uses wet floor and precaution signs when needed.
- Utilizes all equipment, supplies and chemicals according to safety and training guidelines.
- Must be able to speak in English.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Understands proper cleaning procedures and maintaining quality of cleaning is expected.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Housekeeping experience within an educational system, hotel, diner/kitchen, healthcare, or hospitality industry is required.
- 2 + years housekeeping experience with a higher educational facility.
This is a full-time limited term position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend