The IT Systems Analyst/Developer is a new position reporting to the Director of Administrative Information Systems. The position provides support for the college’s administrative technologies including the Ellucian Banner suite of products, a variety of integrated, 3rd party applications, and development of custom applications.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Designing, developing, and programming new applications to support the business functions of the college, such as the Advancement, Admissions, Finance, HR, Payroll, Financial Aid, and Registrar’s offices.
• Designing applications to extend the functionality of Banner, including its integration with 3rd party systems. Presently, these systems include CBORD one-card dining and door-access systems, Attendance Enterprise time clock systems, among others.
• Support the college’s document imaging needs utilizing Ellucian’s Banner Document Management. Support the reporting needs of the college, which uses the Evisions/Argos reporting environment. Support includes designing and developing the underlying data structures, tables, views, and datamarts to fulfill reporting requirements.
• Work with administrative departments concerning requirements, usage, standards, security and other development and production matters.
• The successful candidate should be adept at working on multiple projects at a time and able to work in a team environment within Administrative Information Systems, as well as other ITS groups.
• Bachelor's degree; at least 3-5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Experience with Oracle Databases, SQL, PL/SQL and supporting Ellucian Higher Education Banner ERP systems including Advancement, Student, Financial Aid, Faculty, Finance, HR, Payroll, Admissions, or General modules
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.