EVS Technician Part Time Temporary
Job no: 493821
Work type: Limited Term Part Time
EVS TECHNICIAN PART TIME TEMPORARY (POOL)
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The part time temporary EVS Technician reports to a shift supervisor and provides services to ensure a clean and environmentally healthy campus. Tasks performed include: daily trash removal, cleaning and disinfecting bathroom fixtures and furniture, dusting, vacuuming and cleaning both carpeted and non-carpeted floors and mats, maintaining bathroom paper and other supplies, and other duties as assigned. This position requires scheduling flexibility with the ability to report to work when called upon. Where possible a schedule will be provided in advance. Interested applicants must be able to provide direct contact information to assure availability. Applicants currently employed by other organizations will be considered based on ability to meet the flexibility requirements and on call procedures. At times this position will require additional hours per week, not exceeding 30 total, covering for full-time staff. Interested candidates must be available on weekends and holidays.
- Responsibility for cleaning all areas assigned by supervisors, including filling in for coworkers in their absence.
- Ensures all areas of the campus are kept clean.
- Responsible for daily waste collection and cleaning waste receptacles when needed.
- Cleans and disinfects all surfaces that include fixtures, fountains, sinks, walls, floors, furniture, vents and restrooms.
- Checks and refills all paper and soap dispensers and wiping drip trays of soap dispensers when needed. Cleans all chalkboards and replenishes chalk and erasers.
- Vacuums according to vacuuming schedule.
- Adheres to safety and sanitation policies utilizing proper PPE.
- Move furniture and assist with event set-ups when called upon.
- Responsible for keeping janitor closets clean, organized and replenished daily. Housekeeping carts must be kept orderly and clean during and after all assigned shifts.
- Must meet all uniform and safety guidelines at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 35 pounds and be able to perform all task assigned.
- Ability to meet deadlines as a high level of productivity is expected.
- Flexibility is a requirement and must be maintained throughout employment of this position.
- High-level productivity expected.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Using PPE, this position requires the ability for cleaning of feces, urine, vomit, and blood when necessary.
- Some experience in a custodial/housekeeping position preferred.
- Experience with floor equipment is desired but not required. (Will train.)
This is a part-time position. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend