HVAC Technician II
Job no: 493808
Work type: Full Time
HVAC MECHANIC II
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation's finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425-acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum
The HVAC Mechanic II will maintain and repair mechanical, heating and cooling equipment as well as operation and maintenance of all associated control devices and wiring throughout the college campus and college housing. Primary responsibilities are to:
- Maintain and operate heating and cooling systems in College facilities.
- Diagnose operating problems in HVAC systems and recommend or carry out corrective work.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, tear downs and rebuilds of compressors and related equipment.
- Operate and install building automation components and systems.
- Assist in establishing proper preventative maintenance programs for equipment and systems.
- Provide written documentation of jobs performed and materials used to augment equipment history files.
- Perform other general duties as required to aid in the operation of Facilities Management including participation in College events such as Commencement and emergency situations (snow, flood situations).
Required Education and Experience:
- High School or GED diploma
- Trade school or major manufacturers’ refrigeration certification.
- 5-10 years’ experience troubleshooting and maintaining HVAC systems and controls.
- Proficiency in interpreting electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Must have Universal Refrigeration Certification.
- Valid Driver's license
- Must have necessary tools and accessories.
- Experience in Heat Pump and VRF technologies is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize workload and adhere to an established work
- Ability to work independently as well as in a supportive and collaborative fashion.
- Ability to work within a technical environment that requires additional training as technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers to define problems.
- Ability to trouble shoot mechanical and operational problems in equipment and machines.
- Ability to install power and control wiring and design simple control schemes.
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.
Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend