Salad Prep/Grill Cook
Job no: 493784
Work type: Full Time
SALAD PREP/GRILL COOK
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
This position is responsible for the set-up, break down, and appearance of the salad bar, deli, and condiments. Production of specialty salads will be coupled with assistance to other areas of front of the house. Breakfast & lunch grill cook for approximately 8 hours on Saturday mornings.
- Flips, rotates, and cleans Salad Bar, Deli and Condiment containers. Fills containers with fresh products and tops off with old products.
- Sets up salad bar, deli, and condiment bar.
- Maintains cleanliness of all three areas throughout meal period.
- Prepares specialty salad to be served on the salad bar.
- Prepares Grab and Go salads for following weekday.
- Assists in other areas of front of the house as needed.
- Set up of grill and cooking eggs to order, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches and lunch items including specials.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of menu items and allergens (Menu Information Sheet).
- Provides outstanding customer service and ensures customer needs are met in a timely fashion. Answers customers’ questions (or finds an answer when unsure).
- Duties may vary according to needs.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area.
- Completes cleaning chores, as assigned, during down times.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of related experience in food and service industries.
- Able to speak and understand English.
- ServSafe Certification
- Food allergen certification
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend