Job no: 493767
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Advancement and Associate Vice President and Campaign Director, the Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support for the Vice President for Advancement. This support includes scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, coordinating meetings with Development and Communications Committee of Board of Managers, President’s Council, event coordination, database input, preparing correspondence, preparing expense reports, phone support for the Advancement Office, and office coordinator. Primary responsibilities includes the following: Schedules and arranges meetings with staff and/or alumni as needed for the V.P. for Advancement and other directors as requested; Assist with preparation for weekly management team meetings by V.P. for Advancement; Prepares for V.P for Advancement’s travel and coordinates arrangements and itinerary; Serves as primary liaison between Advancement Office and the President’s Office as well as all other offices of the President’s staff; Supports Development and Communications Committee; Serves as primary coordinator between Advancement offices and Facilities office for all issues related to office space. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus five years administrative support experience. Experience with Google applications (Gmail, Google docs, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite including excel and PowerPoint.
Equivalent combination and experience and education may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and use the college’s database system to input and retrieve information and to produce reports as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant and helpful telephone manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with members of the college community, including fellow staff members, board members, faculty, students, alumni and parents.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage the job’s pace and workload.
- Strong writing skills for proofreading correspondence and adjusting template form correspondence to fit individual situations.
- Willingness to be a team player working with other staff in Advancement and the college as a whole, but with the ability to work independently.
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience using Banner and/or Argos systems.
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend