Checker / Cashier
Job no: 493764
Work type: Full Time
CHECKER / CASHIER
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Provides courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service in all areas of Dining Services. Greets customers graciously and with a smile, answers questions, gives directions. Understands and uses the C-Bord equipment to process credit cards, one cards, cash and department charges.
- Greets customers.
- Swipes students’ identification cards.
- Demonstrates competence with all aspects of register. Accepts cash transactions and makes change. Processes credit card transactions. Reconciles register at the end of the shift.
- Completes department charges clearly, fully, and accurately.
- Cleans all tables and chairs between meals.
- Replaces/fills salt and pepper shakers.
- Replenishes napkin baskets.
- Prepares and sets up breakfast fruits, pastries, and condiments when needed.
- Breaks down breakfast condiments, replenishes for the following day, and cleans crocks.
- Returns cash bags to the manager at the end of the shift.
- Checks calendar and notes at the beginning of every shift and is cognizant of day’s events.
- Maintains supplies of cereals, bagels and breads; cleans toasters and Paninis.
- Cleans and refills crocks after breakfast
- Follows closing procedures at the end of the shift.
- Is alert and on task at all times.
- Maintains and keeps records of take-out program.
- Demonstrates understanding of all meal plans (for students and staff) and is able to clearly communicate the details of all.
- Keeps checker area clean and dusted.
- Checks guest restrooms for supplies and cleanliness.
- Cleans windows and doors.
- Updates bulletin boards by removing outdated materials.
- Has general knowledge of the campus and surrounding area; is able to direct visitors to other parts/buildings of campus. Is able to refer to campus map for such directions.
- Has knowledge of menu items and allergens (Menu Information Sheet).
- Assists Administrative Manager as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Duties may vary according to needs.
- Completes cleaning chores, as assigned, during down times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in food and service industries.
- Able to speak and understand English.
- Must be in good credit standing
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend