Job no: 493763
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Sets the line with appropriate serving utensils. Reviews menu information sheets so customer questions about allergens are answered correctly. Consults with Chef for proper portion sizes. Greets customers, serves them according to their request, and answers questions about menu items. Serves proper portion sizes as directed by sous chef or lead cook. Refills, cleans and sanitizes serving lines throughout the meal period an end of shift.
- Consults with chef on menu items and portion size for entrees.
- Arrives to line with proper serving utensils, bar mops for handling and cleaning.
- Monitors quality and freshness of menu items and ensures proper rotation.
- Communicates with cooks when products are removed from hot boxes or holding ovens in order to ensure continuous flow of menu items throughout the meal period.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout the meal period.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes items in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area.
- Follows and complies with established procedures and verbal instructions.
- Has full understanding of menu items and allergens (Menu Information Sheet).
- Replenishes, breaks down, and sanitizes the Free Zone, including dating and rotating products.
- Assists in the production of Grab and Go items.
- Follows closing procedures at the end of the shift.
- Provides outstanding customer service; ensures customer needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Answers customers’ questions; if unsure of response, inquires to find accurate information.
- All other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in food and service industries.
- Able to speak and understand English.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend