Inventory Control Coordinator
Job no: 493760
Work type: Full Time
INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Inventory Control Coordinator (ICC) has overall responsibility for the service building supply chain and inventory to enable field personnel to effect repairs and maintenance tasks in a timely way. The ICC will work closely with the Directors of Maintenance, Environmental Services, Grounds, the Purchasing Department, field supervisors and office personnel to make certain material deliveries are correct, directed to the correct location and that material standards are met and recorded in the data base of the work management system. The ICC has direct control and responsibility for the stock room, inventory counts and tool cribs as well as the responsibility to purchase stock maintenance supplies and services and make deliveries to the remote storage areas. The ICC will also work with facilities personnel to competitively source and order non-stock repair parts.
Interacts with staff and vendors in purchasing. Records and files paper and computerized data records and records supplies and parts used in the work order system. Purchases and receives materials, maintains order and cleanliness in the stock room and satellite stores areas.
Works in co-ordination with the College Contracts and Purchasing Manager to ensure College purchasing standards and vendor qualifications are met and to properly dispose of obsolete inventory and equipment.
- Performs periodic inventory counts to advise management of the appropriate volume of materials and parts to have on hand in order to maintain a minimum inventory of high use and essential items.
- Performs an end of year inventory to provide the business office with the adjustment to carry forward.
- Assists as needed in other office functions such as disbursement of keys and issuing identification tags for vendors and contractors.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Must be able to communicate via radio and other means of voice communication.
- Must be able to use computer work stations for data input and reports and be able to provide data records of materials purchased and utilized to augment equipment histories.
- Must be able to use ladders and rolling platform ladders to pick stock and take inventory of the stock area.
- Must be able to use hand trucks, pry levers, pallet jacks and other tools used in the normal course of receiving palleted goods or heavy materials.
- Must be able to be certified to drive a forklift.
- Will perform other duties as assigned which may require weekend or off hours work.
- Valid Drivers license
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- 5 to 10 years experience in an industrial or commercial purchasing environment where the primary responsibilities were related to the procurement of materials supporting a diverse maintenance operation.
- Relevant field experience in Maintenance Operations will be considered as an alternative to purchasing experience.
- Knowledge of supplies and parts used in maintenance operations including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, Locksmith and general maintenance.
- Skill with web-based maintenance management and inventory control systems
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://careers.swarthmore.edu/cw/en-us/job/493312/
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend