Instructional Fellow, PE, Strength and Conditioning
Job no: 493758
Work type: Full Time
The Instructional Fellow, PE, Strength and Conditioning candidate will work with the Director of Strength and Conditioning to plan, organize, and collaborate in the operation and oversight of the fitness center and related facilities; Program and manage databases and provide educational support for recreational equipment; Teach PE and/or wellness classes; Train, and supervise Center staff; Provide expertise, guidance, and training in the area of strength training, wellness, and physical conditioning for all student-athletes and sports teams, as well as providing orientation, educational opportunities and exercise routines to the greater Swarthmore Community; Communicate with Coaches and College wellness representatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with college strength and conditioning and fitness technique across a variety of sports and levels.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to design and communicate workout programs.
- Ability to work in a supportive and collaborative fashion, contributing as a team member to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Experience and willingness to collaborate with other event group coaches a priority.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact successfully with a broad spectrum of internal and external constituencies, including students, alumni, staff, and parents.
To view the position and apply for this position, please visit our employment website at http://www.swarthmore.edu/human-resources/employment. All applicant packets must include an updated resume and cover letter.
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Department of Physical Education & Athletics actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend