Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach (Sprints/Hurdles)
Job no: 493757
Work type: Part Time
Swarthmore College is seeking a part-time Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Track & Field. Duties include assisting the head coach in the planning and operation of an Intercollegiate Division III Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field Program, with an emphasis on sprints and hurdles. The candidate will assist with practice planning, recruiting, meet management, and other duties for the indoor and outdoor programs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coaching and/or collegiate experience (2+ years) in sprinting and hurdling events. Credentials should reflect proven success in coaching, recruiting, and working with student athletes
- Valid driver’s license
- Night and weekend work, with occasional overnight commitments
- An informed knowledge of diverse student populations
- Ability to attend practices/meets on a daily basis (including nights and weekends) from late October to mid-May.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to design and communicate workout programs and meet entries to students and coaching colleagues.
- Initiative and enthusiasm to effectively recruit student athletes for primary event group as well as other event groups as assigned by head coach.
- Ability to work in a supportive and collaborative fashion, contributing as a team member to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Experience and willingness to collaborate with other event group coaches a priority.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact successfully with a broad spectrum of internal and external constituencies, including students, alumni, staff, and parents.
To view the position and apply for this position, please visit our employment website at http://www.swarthmore.edu/human-resources/employment. All applicant packets must include an updated resume and cover letter.
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Department of Physical Education & Athletics actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend