Human Resources Manager, Talent Management and Retention
Job no: 493750
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College offers more than 600 courses a year and more than 50 areas of study. Swarthmore’s 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods adjacent to the campus.
The Human Resources Manager will provide guidance, advice and counsel to all levels of employees on recruitment and retention efforts, ensuring consistency with regulatory compliance and College policies. The position will also develop and implement training initiatives and manage employee relation’s matters. The Human Resources Manager must utilize broad human resources expertise including but not limited to strategic recruitment consultation, onboarding of employees, employing innovative retention strategies, and resolving questions and concerns for employees in creative and effective ways. In addition, they must demonstrate exceptional customer service, respect, responsiveness, and collaboration in all interactions with constituents. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 5-years of professional experience in human resources. Must have demonstrated success in recruitment, retention, employee relations, training and/or organizational development. Excellent interpersonal and intuitive ability, strong verbal and written skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must have organizational skills and knowledge of employment law and practices.
- Must possess technical competency including proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software or HRIS programs, and the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Banner or similar human resources information systems is highly desired.
- HRCI or SHRM certification is preferred.
Swarthmore actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend