Pot Washer/Dish Room Crew
Job no: 493734
Work type: Full Time
Dish Room Crew
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Provides timely and reliable cleaning and maintenance support for Swarthmore’s dining services. Scrubs, sanitizes and rinses Pots, pan and utensils throughout the day to ensure cooks have constant availability of cooking vessels, Ensures the availability of a clean and sanitary supply of dishes, glassware, trays, throughout each meal period. Maintains and sanitizes the dish machine & pot area. Ensures a clean dining service facility. Must interact well with customers, co-workers and supervisors. Must work effectively, both independently and as a team member. Typical duties and expectations are described below, but may also include other duties as assigned.
- Scrapes foods from pots and pans.
- Scrubs, rinses and sanitizes according to Serv Safe procedures.
- Air dries all and returns to proper storage locations.
- Continually monitors pot wash sinks for proper water temperatures, detergent and sanitizer levels.
- Continually checks in with cooks to see they have needed vessels.
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and return to proper locations
- Scrapes food scraps from dishes and places them in designated racks for ware washing
- Empties liquids from cups/mugs and places in racks for ware washing
- Transports silverware bins from front of house and transfers to wash racks
- Places clean small wares in proper transport racks after they go through dish machine
- Places clean silverware on sorting table.
- Transport clean small wares to serving lines in a timely manner to insure plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, silverware are available throughout the meal periods
- Sorts silverware
- Keeps work area wiped clean of garbage and excess water.
- Sweeps & mops kitchen, walk in boxes, serving area, and dining rooms according to daily cleaning lists.
- Takes trash, recycling and compost to designated dumpsters/containers in loading dock area.
- Keeps loading dock broom swept and organized.
- Assists receivers in down times.
- Cleans and sanitizes dish machine, transport racks and silverware sorting table
- Clean and sanitize silverware retrieval area in server.
- Performs other assignments as directed by the utility supervisor and other managers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Less than a high school diploma;
- Up to six months experience or training ;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate and read English
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years prior experience in a dish room
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. For more information and to apply, please visit:
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend