Program Assistant, Career Services
Job no: 493684
Work type: Limited Term Part Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Program Assistant for Career Services assists in the office’s efforts to provide a comprehensive recruiting program for students. This position is part of the employer relations team, reporting to the Senior Associate Director who manages employer relations and recruiting initiatives for students. This is currently a 9-month, 15-20 hours/week, non-benefits limited term position for the 2018-2019 academic year.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and interact successfully with a broad spectrum of internal and external constituencies, including students, alumni, employers, graduate programs, faculty, staff and parents.
• Ability to work in a supportive and collaborative fashion, contributing as a team member to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Must have strong computer skills, including skill in using Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to manage complex, web-based applications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- An informed knowledge of diverse student populations, event planning and program management experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Career Services or Human Resources, ideally within a liberal arts college setting or with an employer who actively recruits college students
- Knowledge and use of online career resources, including the Handshake career resource management system
This is limited term part time position scheduled for 9 months. This offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend