International Student Coordinator (temporary)
Job no: 493637
Work type: Temporary Part Time
This is a temporary position from July 2018 through November 2018.
The temporary International Student Coordinator serves as an integral member of the International Office. The successful candidate will work directly with the Director of International Student Services. Provides immigration services and international student support for Swarthmore College, including immigration oversight and compliance, and plays a key role in international student support services that ranges from orientations to providing seminars and workshops relevant to the international student population. Main responsibilities includes the following:
- Assists with monitoring international student progress each semester to ensure compliance with the U.S. Immigration & Custom Enforcement
- Assists with guidance and workshops as needed with regard to on and off campus work opportunities for international students
- Assists with orientations, workshops, and seminars for the international student population
- Assists students in adjusting to life at Swarthmore College, including advising on applications for social security numbers, Pennsylvania driver’s licenses and identity cards, winter housing, and other resources
- Contributes to developing and updating resources relevant to Immigration and International Support Services
- Maintain pages on the International Office website and FB page, etc. Provide website updates and creation of promotional materials for International office
- Maintains and creates targeted email communications. Monitors student lists and carries routine correspondence with students
- Requisitioning supplies and equipment; assists in making any necessary room rentals, reservations, event management, and catering arrangements
- Reviews invoices and processes invoices
- Pulls and re-files records; maintains filing system by creating new files, updating existing files, general filing, and removing files no longer in use
- Undertakes special projects at the request of the Director of International Services
- Experience in a college environment working with and advising international students on non-immigrant visas. SEVIS experience: must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and relational database management software Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience working in a college setting
- Understanding of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Department of State (DOS) regulations and requirements as applied to international students, primarily F-1and J1
- Strong interpersonal skill that promotes trust, effective communication, positive working relationships, participation, teamwork, and problem solving
- Weekends and evenings will be required
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend