Application Systems Administrator
Job no: 493625
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Application Systems Administrator is responsible for the support and management of application systems supporting College administrative and academic operations. Primary duties include supporting or directly performing software installation, configuration, and management. This position works closely with vendors, application owners, and ITS staff to ensure a stable, efficient, and secure information technology environment. Main responsibilities include the following: Administers the Banner production, test, and development environments; Performs the installation, upgrade, and patching of the Banner application software and underlying infrastructure components; Monitors and maintains the syste; Work with administrative support and systems staff to troubleshoot and resolve performance, security, and availability issues; Maintains detailed operational documentation. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with two years of experience in similar positions.
- Significant experience with application and systems programming languages such as Python, C, Java, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, and Windows PowerShell.
- Significant experience working with or administering an Ellucian Banner software environment.
- Experience working in an Academic environment.
- Strong understanding of open source and commercial database systems including MySQL, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Applied experience with these or similar technologies: Amazon Web Services; Docker; .Net framework; F5 application load balancers; distributed version control and continuous integration/continuous deployment platforms; systems configuration management.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend