Part-Time EVS Technician
Job no: 493540
Work type: Part Time
This is a part-time, 16 hours per week position working Saturdays and Sundays from 6:00am-2:30pm.
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Environmental Services (Housekeeping) Technician-Provides services to ensure a clean and environmentally healthy campus. Tasks performed include daily trash removal; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom fixtures and furniture; dusting, vacuuming and cleaning both carpeted and non-carpeted floors and mats; maintaining bathroom paper and other supplies; helping supervisors communicating with employees about daily work assignments, assisting with training, and assisting with customer service issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 3 years’ experience in Custodial Services/Environmental Services including at least 1 year of experience in floor care and floor care equipment
- Experience at a College or University
- Knowledge of minor equipment repair
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ability to lift up to 35 pounds and the physical strength to perform housekeeping duties, including frequently climbing stairs
- Ability to operate mechanized housekeeping equipment for extended periods; hand, arm, and back strength to operate floor cleaning equipment
- Ability to manipulate vibrating, hand-held equipment such as vacuum cleaners for an extended period of time
- Ability to carry a back-pack vacuum cleaner
- Ability to perform kneeling, bending, and squatting motions for an extended period of time
- Ability to read and understanding routine safety and maintenance manuals and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to handle and use chemicals.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend