Job no: 493537
Work type: Full Time
Swarthmore College Dining Services is seeking full time/benefits eligible line cook. We are a self-operated scratch cooking kitchen and serve up to 3000 meals a day.
The Cook is responsible for ensuring the timely production of hot and cold foods throughout each meal period. This is achieved by following production and recipes as documented in the production book. Report and record accurate ingredient information to ensure menu information sheet is correct at each meal period. Food lines must be set according to directions outlined in the daily production sheet. Lines must stay fully stocked and fresh throughout meal period.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Must have knowledge of a variety of ethnic and vegetarian foods to satisfy a diverse clientele; must possess knowledge of cooking techniques and ingredients used in ethnic and vegetarian cooking.
- Must be able to operate food preparation equipment (ovens, stove, thermometer, slicer, fryer, steamer, etc.).
- Certification or additional training in culinary.
- Must have the ability to function productively in a fast-paced environment
- Is available to work during inclement weather or other emergency situations, even if the campus has otherwise canceled operations, in order to ensure that the College's residential students have dining access.
- When on duty, must wear closed toes, rubber-soled shoes. Wears no accessories that may pose health or safety concerns.
- Normal operating hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Saturday, but individual schedules vary. Professional staff in Dining Services typically works well beyond the hours that offices are typically open for business, including weekends and evenings.
Why Swarthmore College Dining Services?
- We offer great benefits including heath care, life insurance, tuition benefit for children, vacation and sick time as well holiday pay and time off for most major holidays
- We are close to Septa trains and bus routes
- We are nestled within a beautiful Arboretum setting
- We enjoy trying new recipes and welcome creative suggestions from our culinary staff
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applicants from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those who with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Woman and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend