Alumni Recorder (Part-Time)
Job no: 493484
Work type: Part Time
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Alumni Recorder (Part-Time) is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining accurate computer data (web/electronic) and hard-copy/scanned files of alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, and government agencies, to facilitate alumni networking and to ensure that administrators, faculty, and staff have correct information when contacting the College’s constituents. Tasks performed with a great deal of autonomy include: preparing correspondence, documents, and email to respond to alumni questions and to support advancement efforts; greeting visitors to the department in a warm and professional manner; inputting or scanning and retrieving updated information about the College’s constituents; processing data from surveys; and researching changes of address or other information. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years related office experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Above-average attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in dealing with people, using tact and diplomacy, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications, including demonstrated skills in the use of word processing and spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets), fundraising and relational databases (e.g. Banner) and reporting software (e.g. Argos), email (e.g. Google mail), and Internet applications.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to speak on the telephone.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, printer, copier, scanner, and calculator.
- Some college-level courses.
- Experience working in an academic or non-profit environment.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend