Associate Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement
Job no: 493470
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Administration, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Associate Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement is a member of a team who design events and activities that engage alumni, parents, and friends with the College and its programs and that encourage participants to be actively supportive of the College’s goals and priorities. S/he provides oversight to major events, including but not limited to Alumni Weekend, Garnet Weekend, presidential events (on and off campus), and 1864 Society receptions. S/he manages the execution of all major event-related projects, including but not limited to such items as registration tools, reserving spaces, etc. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years working in institutional advancement, or equivalent professional experience.
- Superior organizational abilities. Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple and varied tasks independently, while also working collaboratively.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Skill in dealing with people, using tact and diplomacy, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to articulate the value of higher education.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications, including demonstrated skills in the use of word processing and spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheets), fundraising databases (e.g. Banner) and reporting software (e.g. Argos), Web page development software (e.g. Drupal), and social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, or as needed to complete projects or meet heavy demand.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, including the ability to speak in public.
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience working in a college or university setting, especially in a comprehensive fund-raising campaign environment.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
Swarthmore actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend