Administrative Assistant (Recruitment Only)
Job no: 493427
Work type: Temporary Full Time
RECRUITMENT ONLY: a vacancy may not be available at this time. However, when a vacancy does become available, the hiring manager will review this pool and contact qualified applicants as needed.
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
We’re seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to departments throughout Swarthmore College as needed. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support to the department to help with front desk operations, special projects and programs. Responsibilities may include the following: assist staff members with drafting and preparing confidential correspondence and documents; professional interactions with other staff within the College, outside callers, and visitors to the department; equipment, supply, and facility coordination; mail delivery support; telephone support; and special projects on an as-needed basis, with the ability to make decisions, as needed, both independently and as a member of a team.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- 3 to 5 years office experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet programs, and software programs used in educational settings such as Drupal, Google Apps for Education, Moodle, Acalog.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be an independent self-starter with strong organization skills and excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, copier, printer, fax.
- Must be able to work successfully with diverse others and upholds the College’s commitment to equal employment opportunity in order to help the College realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend