Access & Lending Weekend Supervisor (part-time, weekend shift)
Job no: 493411
Work type: Part Time
Categories: Administration, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Access & Lending Weekend Supervisor has sole responsibility for the weekend team-based operation of Access and User Services to ensure patron access to library collections, services, including public computing and facilities during the spring and fall academic terms. S/he provides excellent customer service in responding to requests and informational queries and through supervision of 60+ student workers who provide front-line support. S/he also contributes to the development of policies and services. The Weekend Supervisor may also be assigned project work with respect to collection management, reserves, and other areas within Access & User Services.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of experience in a service organization, preferably in a position which routinely interacts with clients.
- Demonstrated familiarity with using a library.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Macintosh and/or Windows environments and basic applications software including word processing, email, and Web browsers.
- Experience with using integrated library systems and/or experience with using other database management software.
This is a part-time, 21 hours per week position scheduled to work the following hours: Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm, Sunday 10:00am-6:00pm
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend