Associate Director, HRIS and Project Management
Job no: 493379
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Administration, Human resources, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
Swarthmore College is looking for applications for their next Associate Director, HRIS and Project Management. Reporting to Vice President for Human Resources, the Human Resources Information Systems Project Manager provides advanced functional and technical analysis, guidance, training and support to the Human Resources department in developing, enhancing, testing, and maintaining Human Resources Management Systems applications and data. Working in collaboration with Information Technology, this position oversees the Ellucian Banner ERP (including Human Resources, Payroll and Benefit modules), Page-Up (online recruiting applicant tracking system), Attendance Enterprise (time and attendance system) and related applications to meet HR business needs and systems requirements. Other responsibilities include oversight of data integrity, creation and maintenance of rule and validation tables, development of end user documentation, end user training, and testing and implementing new software releases. In addition, the HRIS Project Manager will ensure that all HR technology users through effective communication and training understand and comply with HR business processes and data integrity standards.
Human Resources Information Systems
- Advise and recommend business process re-engineering and implementation standards and practices; including the use of third party systems. In collaboration with ITS, evaluates third party solutions, assists with the preparation of RFPs, conducts solution and cost comparisons, engages with stakeholders to make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve as liaison with Human Resources and ITS staff to ensure successful testing and implementation of system changes or enhancements; creates and executes project plans; documents new programs, procedures and instructions; and leads end user training and management level presentations.
- Identifies and implements best practices for software quality assurance and solutions to mitigate the risk of a system failure. Analyze user needs and recommends optimum approaches and specifications for tasks and projects. Develops and enhances reports to verify the accuracy and integrity of all system data and to support information needs of HR Team and other end users as appropriate.
- Oversees the use of the enterprise-wide HRIS system to ensure the system supports the strategic direction of the College by maintaining a product backlog and roadmap.
- Leads projects that may be cross -organizational, those involving multiple technologies, significant operational or implementation risks and/or complex business functionality.
- Prepare and maintain the project plans, system and functional requirements, specifications, and financial constraints of the projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a job-related discipline and four years of functional and technical HRIS experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project Management Professional certification strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with SQL, Ellucian Banner System and/or related products preferred. Proficiency with report writing, data analysis, querying databases, and reporting tools, e.g., SQL, Argos, Excel, Access, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR principles and practices, applicable federal, state and local employment and labor laws, and governmental compliance requirements and knowledge of core HR and Payroll processes. Experience working with third party vendors.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend