Senior Sales Associate
Job no: 493361
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Retail, Staff
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Community Store’s Senior Sales Associate will serve as the point person for the Point of Sale (POS) System and is responsible for its use, including item creation and maintenance. They will be responsible for providing reliable and independent assistance in maintaining and selling course materials, supplies, and other merchandise that directly affect the educational experience of students and the relationship experience with the community. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year of experience in customer service organization.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as flexibility to perform duties.
- Must be detail oriented and some mathematical skills needed.
- Ability to build successful relationships with campus and community visitors.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as a team member.
- Must exhibit maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
- Database experience.
- Experience in retail, database management, and/or higher education.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive benefits package and paid time off. Click here to view employee testimonials and learn about what it’s like to be a part of the Swarthmore community!
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend