Associate Director, Advancement Analytics
Job no: 493287
Work type: Limited Term Full Time
Categories: Administration, Staff
Are you looking for a way to make a difference? Are you passionate about how education changes lives and improves our world? Would you like to work where giving plays a large role in helping students gain the knowledge, insight, and experience to become leaders for the common good? If so, join the Advancement team at Swarthmore and take your part in creating opportunities for young people who, in turn, apply their intelligence, talents, and abilities to make the world a better place.
The College is seeking to fill a new position, Associate Director of Advancement Analytics, that will be at the center of new projects and processes supporting the strategic planning and effective operation of fundraising programs at Swarthmore College, particularly during the public phase of the College’s comprehensive campaign. Working closely with members of the Advancement Research and Analytics office and reporting to the Director of Advancement Research and Analytics, the Associate Director will lead the creation of a fundraising analytics program, spearheading unique projects involving predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, and visually engaging reporting. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally as the program grows, to work creatively and independently, and to collaborate with colleagues across Advancement and across campus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years’ experience in an analytics role and two or more years’ experience in a fundraising environment. Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience working with relational databases, extracting and manipulating data, preferably using programming language such as SQL
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and summarize information effectively, and ability to translate a non-technical request into a technical solution and explain results with a non-technical description.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of major research databases and technology tools
- Ability to work with confidential, highly sensitive information in a complex organization.
- Ability and motivation to independently design and execute projects and to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks/projects for multiple customers within tight deadlines.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of philanthropy, private liberal arts education, and Swarthmore’s commitment to a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive campus community.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a broad range of expertise and seniority, and to elicit cooperation without direct authority.
- Ability to think creatively and critically about products, policies, and procedures in order to continually improve quality and efficiency.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including computer, printer, copier, calculator, and fax machine.
- Two or more years’ experience in a fundraising environment in higher education
The College is located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 11 miles southwest of Philadelphia and is part of the tri-College Consortium with Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges, cross-registration with the University of Pennsylvania is also offered. The area offers excellent schools systems and convenience to a vibrant cultural community.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend